Tuesday, September 14, 2004

My war - finally!

Finally received BLACK FLAG`s "My war" on vinyl! After years of listening to it on a crappy tape copy with lots of noises and scratches I have it in modest quality. A must-have record. One of the few that one should own. An essential.
It is one of the most influental records of the 80s. So many later movements started with this record, so many style codes evolved from it, so many riffs got stolen from that one. Punk bands started growing hair after that. Hardcore bands dared listening to metal, tuning their guitars down, developing some chops. Tempo was allowed to be slowed down to some BLACK SABBATH extent.
At this moment, I`m stuck on the B-side, the start of nowaday`s grunge and sludge. Heavy blues with emotional, strapped down singing in top of it, droning evil. Depressing harmonies, dissonant guitar solos - a pure torture to listen to, but a damn good catharsis, too! I`m glad I have it! As said - an essential!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home