Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Drinking Black Coffee

Found one of my favourite BLACK FLAG lyrics:
"Who are you with, where have you been
Imagination turns thoughts, reason can't change
Staring at the walls, think I know what I see
Anger and coffee, feeling mean
Drinking black coffee, black coffee,
Drinking black coffee, staring at the wall
Stab through my heart, stab through my heart, stab through my heart
But its all in my mind, just in my mind
My heart is pounding, as stare at the wall
Its my turn to be jealous, now I don't stand for it all
In fact I'm pretty stupid, I'm feeling small
Anger and coffee, feeling mean...
If the night goes on, paranoia adultery
Why should I be so stupid, when I can't really see
The other side of the wall, is eating away at me
Anger and Coffee, feeling mean..."
Priceless song, priceless lyrics, priceless band, although at least the album has a price ... currently trying to get the BLACK FLAG catalogue together. As a teen punk I didn`t understand their power, compared to the likes of MINOR THREAT or NEGATIVE APPROACH - it was so...hm... "rock". But nowadays their "rock" songs destroy me so much! They mirror daily life in all its misery, and the "rock" aspect underlines this negativity. Let alone this guitar sound, so mean and dirty. Whoa...
After all I have to admit that I can`t stand black coffee out of a filter coffee machine. A french press or a mocha is something different of course, when there is an actual taste, but the fist-in-your-face-taste of German bullshit coffee out of a machine is way too disgusting. I need a drop of milk in there... I`m not Rollins, haha...

1 Comments:

Blogger John Doe said...

Hey! Thanks for visiting my blog! ur my first overseas visitor! thanks! yeah, my life goin thru a miserable patch rite now...hope it will get over soon...i read ur article about ur band having ur first demo reviewed...so ur band is cuming out wif ur own music??? u can email me at kimi_raikkonen85@yahoo.com.sg or if u got MSN u can add me qastalani@hotmail.com...hope 2 hear from ya soon! from Singapore to Germany!

August 26, 2004 at 11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home